Actors Shakespeare Company wants you to know that there is more than one way to financially contribute to dramatic productions and educational programs that captivate audiences and foster an enhanced quality of life in our New Jersey community. One of them is planned giving, a creative way to give to ASC without sacrificing your own financial needs or your children’s and grandchildren’s legacy.
What is planned giving?
Planned giving is the process of developing a customized plan that uses various financial planning techniques to benefit both you, the individual donor, and ASC.
Planned giving can be a gift of a set amount per month, and any amount is welcome. For example, $10 a month would be wonderful—for the cost of a few cups of coffee, you can make a valuable contribution to ASC.
Planned giving offers you the following attractive benefits:
- Increase current income
- Reduce your income tax
- Avoid capital gains tax
- Pass assets to your family at a reduced tax cost
- Reduce estate tax burden on heirs
- Make a significant contribution that will impact ASC’s future
- With the assistance of a well-informed financial advisor, in conjunction with proper accounting and legal counsel, you can even craft your own plan to meet your individual charitable and financial goals!
Consider these types of planned giving today!
- Bequest – a gift that leaves ASC real estate, personal property, appreciated assets, etc. in your will
- Gift Annuity – an annuity contract that provides you a stream of income and gives ASC the remainder
- Charitable Remainder Trust – a trust that provides you a stream of income and gives ASC the remainder
- Charitable Lead Trust – a trust that provides ASC a stream of income and gives you or your beneficiaries the remainder
- Retained Life Estate – a gift that donates your residence or vacation home to ASC while allowing you to retain use of it for life
- Life Insurance – 1) a gift of a life insurance policy that is no longer needed; OR 2) a gift that names ASC as one of the beneficiaries while allowing you to retain ownership of the life insurance policy
Thank you for shaping ASC’s future with your contribution. For more information, please contact Colette at email@example.com or (201) 200-3260.
"Put your grace in your pocket, sir, for this once,
and let your flesh and blood obey it."
— Twelfth Night, Act V Scene 1
Seth Reich as Macduff Boyle Image